Ever wondered why sulfate-free shampoos are trending nowadays? Look at any product that you use from toothpaste to soap and you will see that they all contain sulfate in them. Sulfate is responsible for the production of foam in these products. Sulfates help in cleaning dirt and oil out of the hair when combined with water making it feel fresh and soft. Thus it can be there in almost all products meant for cleaning the body and hair. While it makes cleaning dirt from the body more effective but in actuality, it removes essential oils that are already present in the hair. Thus the use of sulfate-free shampoo is recommended. Also, it dries up your hair making it unmanageable and rough. So if you want to know if the sulfate-free shampoo is good for dry hair, here are a few tips.
1. Haircare for curly and frizzy hair - Frizzy or Curly hair needs to be taken care of more than normal hair as they lack moisture. Thus using a sulfate-free shampoo is suggested as it would not take away the natural oils present in hair making it look frizz-free and soft. Use of a natural or mild shampoo is recommended such as organics as it leaves hair feeling fresh and locks in the moisture. It is ideal to use for wavy or frizzy hair and keeps hair hydrated.
2. For protecting your hair color - Dying your hair making them dry and frizzy so using a sulfate shampoo would make you prone to scalp problems and hair fall. Thus a sulfur-free shampoo can help keep your scalp hydrated and manageable. It can also help to protect your hair color for a longer time. There are various the best natural sulfate-free shampoo available in the market for maintaining colored hair.
3. Haircare for rough hair - If you run your fingers through your hair and they get stuck chances are you either have rough of damaged hair. Now, this can be due to Sulfur-based shampoos or due to exposure to extreme weather. So in order to curb this problem, it is proposed that only natural sulfur-free shampoos should be used on your hair. This will help lessen frizziness and curb damage and give a new life to your hair.
4. Sulfate-free shampoos for sensitive skin - Shampoos that contain SLS can damage or irritate the scalp over prolonged use and thus can cause scalp problems like dermatitis and itchy scalp. These can also lead to hair fall and redness in the scalp. Therefore it is suggested to opt for SLS free shampoo such as Aweganics which can help prevent scalp problems and protect your scalp. Also, it is recommended to visit a dermatologist if the problem persists so that he can suggest an SLS free shampoo suitable for your skin type.
5. SLS free shampoo is easy on the eyes - Do you feel a burning sensation when you use an SLS based shampoo in the shower? These can cause redness and burning sensation in the eyes if by accident it falls near the eye area. This can even damage your vision over due course of time. Thus it is not recommended for children below 12 years of age. Thus in order to preserve your eyes, you must choose what is best for you and go for a sulfur-free shampoo.
To conclude we can say that sulfur isn't necessarily bad for our skin as most of our products are made of it but they may prove to be harmful to sensitive skin or hair which are already damaged or rough. Thus it is essential to choose a shampoo that is best for your dry hair to be safe
Also here are a few tips to help you counter your dry and damaged hair.
1. Conditioning is a must - It is that time of the year when winter is around the corner and it can damage your hair and make them brittle if you shampoo too often without locking moisture. Thus it suggested using conditioner every time you shampoo followed by a few drops of serum to make them smooth and manageable.
2. Go for trimming your hair every month - Trimming your hair helps you get rid of rough and brittle hair and remove split ends. Thus going for a haircut can help you manage your hair and look well.-->