Do you own or are thinking of buying patchouli oil?
Many first-time essential oil users are driven to patchouli oil by its wide range of uses and classic, easily recognizable earthy scent. Patchouli oil is unique among essential oils because it actually gets better with age, developing from a deep yellow to a fine, golden brown and getting a thicker, fuller scent.
How should you use your patchouli oil?
- The most popular use of patchouli oil is for its signature fragrance. Put a few drops in an oil diffuser and enjoy the great scent along with many other benefits!
- The excellent scent of patchouli meshes well with its pest repellent abilities. Patchouli oil has been used since ancient times to protect fabrics from insects and other pests.
- Patchouli oil is prized for its ability to help with dry, itchy, and/or damaged skin. It also has a positive effect on an oily or itchy scalp.
- This oil is known to stimulate sex hormones in men and women.
- Patchouli oil is good for stimulating pleasure hormones like serotonin and dopamine, which helps relieve feelings of depression and anxiety.
- If you have wrinkles or loose muscles, you can apply Patchouli oil to the affected areas thanks to its astringent, tissue-tightening properties.
- Patchouli oil has a notable sedative effect which means that it can sooth your nerves when inhaled or directly applied. This helps with coughing fits, allergies, and works as a sleeping aid.
- If you have a small scrape or skin injury, patchouli oil can increase the speed at which it heals and reduce scarring.
These are just our own suggestions for how you can use your patchouli oil.
have fun and come up with your own ideas too! Enjoy your essential oil and use it to live a happier, healthier life!